Sunday 17 February 2013

I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride



Yesterday I got to meet this little biscuit for the first time. My friend's 2 week old little boy. Can you see my heart melting in the second picture? No matter how freaked out I felt when holding such a tiny, vulnerable brand new baby (my clumsiness makes me paranoid when I hold newborns) it still brings you a weird sense of calm. You just sit there, calmly and take in the idea that your friends made this little person. A little person who smells amazing. What's the deal with baby smell? My dad described it has a mixture of apples and honey and I think it's pretty much correct. It's all part of the baby's plan to sneak into your heart and snare you so that you love them forever and ever. A cunning ruse!

No comments:

Post a Comment