Wednesday 30 January 2013

Q's x 60



1. How old are you? 27.

2. How old do you feel? Like a mixture of 17 and 70.

3. What have you done today? Had far too much coffee, applied for jobs, planned a birthday meal for a friend, booked meetings, looked at universities, spent too much money at the supermarket.

4. Which film did you last see? "The Law in These Parts", it's a documentary on the Israeli legal system. It's not procrastination if it educates me!

5. Who did you last call? My friend Camilla regarding above mentioned birthday meal.

6. Are you obsessed with something? A have a range of cool obsessions, from Lord of the Rings to 50s dresses.

7. Are you scared of blood? Not in the slightest.

8. Describe the place you're at right now. By my temporary work station (eg. my parents living room), close to the fireplace and away from drafty windows.

9. Name your 5 favourite books. "The unbearable lightness of being" by Milan Kundera, "Needle in the groove" by Jeff Noon, "The collected Dorothy Parker", by (you guessed it) Dorothy Parker, "Moominpapa at sea" by Tove Janson, and "Rebecca" by Daphne Du Mauriers.

10. And your 5 favourite films? "High Fidelity",. "Virgin Suicides", "Fight Club", "Shaun of the Dead" and "Amelie"

11. Which colour dominates your warderobe? Black? Although my wardrobe seems to be consisting of a hell of a lot of floral patterns, it's like a constant garden party. My mum reckons I was an British upper class lady in a previous life, I reckon she might be right.

12. When did you wake up today? 8am.

13. Which is your favourite holiday? Christmas!

14. Where in the world would you want to be right now? I would like to be in Berlin. But summer Berlin, not winter Berlin.

15. Name a place in the world which you have visited and you never want to go back to. Christ, I'm not sure. I've never had a horrid holiday, but I suppose I'm not keen on the Glaswegian suburbs.

16.  How would you like to spend your retirement? With someone I love, finally learning how to knit, drinking good whiskey by the fire and learning French properly.

17. What are you listening to right now? A documentary on the former Swedish PM Olof Palme.

18. Have you ever broken a bone? Funnily enough, no. And I'm the most accident prone person I know.

19. Name 5 things you always have in your fridge/pantry? Milk, onions, lemons, pasta, tinned tomatoes.

20. Who is your favourite celebrity? Hugh Jackman. I mean, he's Wolverine AND he can sing. He's pretty much the ideal man.

21. What mood are you in right now?  Much better than Monday's rage and Tuesday's apathy.

22. Which continents have you been to? None but Europe. Must do better.

23. Do you snore? If I'm drunk or if I have a blocked nose. The same as everyone, I suppose.

24. Which occupations have you had? Receptionist, waitress, barmaid, hostess, shop assistant, kitchen porter, barista, customer service agent... Essentially I've worked my way though most of the jobs in the service industry.

25. What clothes do you prefer? Dresses and black cardigans.

26. What is your star sign? Scorpio.

27. Your favourite sweets? Salt liquorice and really, really sour sweets.

28. What are the last words you said out loud? Most likely something foul and I spilled coffee over my notebook.

29. What are you wearing right now? A knitted cream coloured dress, leather belt and 2 pairs of socks.

30. Which is your favourite shop? Any secondhand bookshop.

31. What size clothes do you wear? It varies from size 10 to size 14, depending on if it's top/bottom, and also which brand.

32. What do you have in your pockets? My phone and some old receipts.

33. What was the last thing you bought? Almonds.

34. How many times have you moved? 10. That includes the different flats I had when still staying in Edinburgh.

35. Which was your best subject at school? English & Swedish. Big surprise, eh?

36. If you were alone on a deserted island, what 3 objects would you take? A knife, matches and sun block (supposing the island is a tropical one, I would not survive for long without spf 50).

37. Are you a morning or an evening person? Morning. Although it has taken me long to realise this and actually make the most of it.

38. Which is the last film you saw in the cinema? Les Miserables. Oh, Hugh....

39. Have you ever gotten stitches? No.- Once again, this is surprising. Fools luck maybe.

40. Have you ever gone skinny dipping? Growing up where I did (with nudist beaches in the middle of town) it was unavoidable.

41. What did you have for breakfast? 2 cups of tea and a crispbread with cheese and ham.

42. How did your life look 10 years ago? As I've boomeranged back home it's a lot like today. Except I'm less of a pain and more jaded.

43. Have you ever been fined for speeding? Nope.

44. Who in your life did most recently do something special/thoughtful for you? My Gran. She does stuff like that all the time and I can't begin to explain how much I love her.

45. Where do you keep your mobile phone when you're sleeping? Next to me, on airplane mode.

46. What was the last thing you ate? Baked potato! I love baked potatoes, but usually I'm to impatient to cook them.

47. Who is the most beautiful woman in the world? Beauty is a fluid concept and to be honest I can't pick. There's too many beautiful women in this world for me to mention one alone.

48. Are you shy? No. But I can be awkward in situations I'm not comfortable in.

49. Which was the last gig you went to? The Crookes in Glasgow last summer.

50. What is your middle name? Emma.

51. Have you ever been in a car accident? Yup. Got rammed in an intersection by a careless driver. Luckily everyone came out of it unharmed.

52. Have you got something locked away deep inside which nobody knows about? Of course.

53. Which is the most fun form of exercise? I'm still trying to find that one form of exercise I find FUN. I like walking and swimming but I just don't understand people who talk about the "runners high" etc. I like video games, drunken running and dancing to 80s music.

54. Do you have any pets? No. I really wish I had a dog but my nomadic lifestyle wouldn't allow it.

55. Do you want to get married? Any excuse for a party, no?

56. Where did your parents grow up? Swedish west coast, just like me.

57. What is your nationality? Swedish through and through. I always wanted to find some kind of exotic
heritage but it's likely the most exotic it will ever be is Danish.

58. Do you have any nicknames? Nea and Lin-Lin.

59. Have you ever called the police? Yes. After a break-in in my first Scottish flat. I didn't even have furniture at that point so it must have been some disappointed burglars leaving my flat that evening.

60. Which is your biggest weakness? My impatience and my failure to see things through. I'm great at starting up projects but terrible for sticking with them to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment