Wednesday 30 January 2013

I'm ther queen of nothing, I'm the king of the world

I suppose I've always been impatient. I want it all and I want it now and I despise waiting.
There are times when this is a good thing, I get stuff done. I'm efficient as hell to be honest, you should see me move flats, unpacked within minutes people!
But when working towards a career it turns out it's counter productiuve. I need the internships, I need the masters degree. I need to be in it for the long run and work towards a goal that might be 2, 3,4 years in the future.
And I find it hard to wait for 2, 3,4 MONTHS for something. I just want to grab the ball and run with it, but unfortunatly no one wants to play ball with a girl with very little work experience within the field she's interested in.

This morning I saw a job ad for my ideal job. I could seriously feel my heart beat a little bit faster. And I knew I would never have a chance of getting this job, not now, not until I've put the time in with the unpaid projects, internships and placements. Not until I've been accepted and finished my masters degree (adding some more digits to my already sizable student loan). It's a long term goal.
And I suppose I should be grateful that I have one.
But god damn I just wish I could do it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment