Friday 8 March 2013

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY!

Source
To all the women in my life and those who aren't (because feminism is global).
To all the mother's, daughters, grandmothers, sisters, friends and lovers. To the women who have wiped my tears, laughed with me, held my hair for me when I've been sick from too much wine.

To the ones who raised me, the ones who nursed me, the ones who cared for me. To the teachers who opened up my eyes, the authors, artists, singers. To the friends who have been by my side, in classrooms, demonstrations, bars, parks and offices.

To the ones who kept me strong and the ones who kept me humble.
To the ones who have inspired me and the ones who kept my chin up.

You are my stars. And today is about celebrating you, the ones who got us this far. It's about giving you the attention you deserve so that we never forget that it's always, ALWAYS worth to stand up and fight for what you believe in.

I believe in you, and I believe we still have a long way to go but if I can have you as company I'm happy to walk that walk.
All my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment